Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Images from Collect, 2007


Lone Lovshal
Oil Jugs, 2005
Height 10cm
Fine-silver 999 S, electroformed and pockenholt wood

"my aim is to create objects that are sensuous and tempting, that invite handling, pouring and serving. By using organic and fluid forms, curved, elegant lines and a strong graphic idiom, I create objects for the senses."

Toru Kaneko
Untitled, 2006
4.5 x 7.5 x 7.5cm
Silver

Rupert Spira
Teapot With Four Tea Bowls, 2005
Stoneware teapot with silver handle and four bowls, yellow and white glazes.

I would like to start exploring coloured glazes, I would also keep the inside white though. The combination of the silver handle and the yellow ceramic appeals to me. I am used to combining materials in my work but have recently only been using ceramic.

Eva Ullberg
Ice-Flowers, 2006
20 x 20 x 20cm
Sand-blown glass

I chose this image as I like the irregular quality of the repeated forms.

Peter Musson
Contour Bowl No 2, 2006
Height 7cm, diameter 17cm
Sterling silver

"Peter Musson creates sophisticated silverware by effortlessly combining the freedom of making by hand with controlled computer techniques. He embraces the unique decorative finish of both methods and displays evidence of his process."

I think this statement sums up what I am trying to achieve for my work.

Vito Bila
Stand II, 2005
Tallest 9.5cm
Hand-raised silver and copper

I like the simplicity of these forms and the repeated yet varying shapes.

Images from
Collect
Scala Publishers Ltd, 2007

No comments: