I began with a three sided prism to which I added feet, I used the spherify tool to create the rounded edge for drinking from, then I used a combination of other tools including stretch and taper.
I would have liked to have a double wall so the inside would be rounded and not include the feet. I think a double wall would also provide insulation so it could be used for hot drinks. I need to learn how to do this.
It has an 8mm shell which worked well with the rapid prototyper, it did not use too much material but is still quite strong.
The cup is a good size which I am pleased about, I measured a mug. It fits well in my hands and I think it would be very comfortable to drink from.
I would like to create a wooden base for it sit on. I want it to look like the cup is sinking into the the base as though the wood was a cushion. I am learning to use a cloth tool on 3ds Max and the milling machine.
The cup is a good size which I am pleased about, I measured a mug. It fits well in my hands and I think it would be very comfortable to drink from.
I would like to create a wooden base for it sit on. I want it to look like the cup is sinking into the the base as though the wood was a cushion. I am learning to use a cloth tool on 3ds Max and the milling machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment