Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Hand Tools of Arts and Crafts

I have decided to compile the images of tools I have collected from books, the internet and photographing ones I find, into a digital library, to use for creating my own work. I will still record interesting books and websites etc onto this blog with some images.

This is a very useful book, containing clear images of tools and explaining their use.

"As each new labour saving device is introduced, the existence of traditional tools is threatened. Unlike the works of art, the tools that created them are seldom preserved for their intrinsic value. All too often, as the need for the tool is reduced, the ability to use it is lost, until it finally becomes rare and mysterious - it original function is no longer known."


Midgley, Ruth. Ed. Hand Tools of Arts and Crafts. The Diagram Group.

No comments: