Voderberg, Melissa. 2004.
‘In Dust We Trust’
Craft Culture
Available at: http://www.craftculture.org/review/voderberg.htm (accessed at 16/12/08)
Melissa Voderberg reviewed the Industreal exhibition ‘In Dust We Trust’, which I have written about previously on this journal.
The heading for the article reads “International designers embrace rapid prototyping as a vehicle for craft”.
I selected this article mainly because Voderberg asks
“What about the altered sketches, the samples, the tests? Are designing, making and problem solving less valid when realised in digital form?”
I think this a interesting point, I have been conscious of the need to record the stages of design development and problem solving when I am using the computer. It would be easy to not to stop and save stages, or take screen shots, and I would not be able to see the development of my forms. It is also easier to quickly discard and move on from a failed idea when it is merely an image on the screen than when it is a physical object. I think that it is useful to record and look at failed ideas and learn from them.
Friday, 26 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment