Here is some information and thoughts about the images from the Industreal website on the post below (it's easier to do text and images separately).
1. Vase Ecaillé
Ionna Vautrin and Guillaume Delvigne
Part of a series of porcelain containers with different textures.
2. Vase Capitonné
Ionna Vautrin and Guillaume Delvigne
Also part of the series, this use of an upholstered effect in ceramic was something I had been considering, quite annoying when that happens! It looks really good though.
3,4,5. Panier Percé
Ionna Vautrin and Guillaume Delvigne
"Panier is sold naked with the embroidery kit of your choice"
6. A Shark in My Soup
Apostolos Porsanidis
7. Lampe 72dpi
Guillaume Delvigne
From a series of 3 lamps represented in 3 'pixelisations' from low to high.
8. Lampe 144dpi
Guillaume Delvigne
From the same series, shown in a black glaze.
9,10. Chapeaux pour vase 1 and 2
Guillaume Delvigne
Vase made of a single glass container and its family of porcelain accessories
11. Second Skin
to22
"We want to create a container, which is not designed. Its expression comes from the objects it holds. Fruit is clustered together. The object is the material that surrounds it"
12. Blend
Greg Ball
"Blend unites the two functions of milk and sugar into one soft sculptural form. The vessels register onto the base and are served together as a set. Designed to enhance the social nature of drinking tea or coffee with a partner"
I did not notice at first when I was picking out my favourite images but most of them are by the designer Guilluame Delvigne, who also collaborates with Ionna Vautrin. I think I may choose them as some of the designers to focus on in my critical review.
Monday, 15 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment